CRT is a Half-Day (mandatory) training course for all ‘frontline’ NHS Staff
This course is structured to achieve all the learning objectives set by the NHS Security Management Service for Conflict Resolution – the NHS National Syllabus.
In addition, the training also incorporates a focus on Clinically Related Challenging Behaviour (CRCB).
- Informs about the risk of conflict and aggression
- Provides a clear explanation of the Trust’s protective measures and legal and professional conduct issues
- Raises awareness and understanding of clinically related challenging behaviour (CRCB)
- Ensures staff can recognise common warning and danger signs
- Equips delegates with knowledge and (non-physical) skills to defuse anger, resolve conflict and reduce the risk of violence.
Topics covered include:
- Risk Awareness
- NHS Trust Policy, organisational risk controls and conflict prevention measures
- Legal and professional conduct expectations – including reporting concerns and incidents
- Cultural awareness
- Understanding Clinically Related Challenging Behaviour (CRCB)
- Patterns of behaviour staff may encounter during difficult interactions
- Recognising Warning & Danger signs, avoiding ‘Triggers’
- Dynamic Risk Assessment – impact factors
- De-escalation techniques
- Communication models that can assist in Conflict Resolution
- Verbal and non–verbal communication (and examples of Communication Breakdown)
- Effective use of space and distance when dealing with conflict
To find out more about this course or to make a purchase, please call: 01202 773736, or: