Dementia Awareness is a foundation level, e-learning course for all ‘front-line’ NHS Staff
The training raises awareness and understanding of the nature and scale of the challenge presented by dementia. The training also highlights the importance of early diagnosis of dementia and provision of support to carers and family members.
After completing Dementia Awareness Training, learners will:
- Be able to describe dementia
- Be able to consider the effect that dementia can have on a person’s feelings and emotions
- Know the symptoms of dementia
- Know there are different types of dementia
- Know the differences between dementia, depression and delirium
- Understand the changes that can happen through the dementia journey
- Be aware of person centred approaches.
Qualification & Certification
Although most learners can expect to complete the Dementia Awareness Training course through to certification in a few hours (Half-Day) online, they have up to 12 months from the date of registration to do so.
Learners can contact AEGIS for expert assistance and guidance at any time.
Assessment is by online Examination (60 multiple-choice questions.)
The Examination is not time-limited.
The percentage needed to pass the online Exam is 75%.
In the event that a learner fails to answer enough Exam questions correctly first time, they can re-sit the Exam’ until they do pass.
When Learners have successfully passed the online Exam, they have qualified and can immediately download a Certificate confirming their achievement.
This course costs £12.99 + VAT
Before purchasing, please make sure you can meet the requirements below. Thanks.
- An email address
- Access to the Internet
- Basic computer literacy and IT/ICT skills
- A broadband Internet connection
- An up to date web browser (Google Chrome; Firefox; Safari etc.)
DEMENTIA AWARENESS TRAINING – (dat)
To find out more about this course or to make a purchase, please call: 01202 773736, or: