This One-Day course is for staff at risk of physical violence, especially those with responsibility for attending at violent scenes, preventing harm/loss occurring and/or ejecting trespassers
The training will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to make accurate assessments in crisis situations and behave ethically and safely if they need to exercise authority to use physical force.
Topics covered include:
- The LA’s Policy on Violence
- The law on physically holding and controlling a person against their will
- Associated dangers to be aware of
- Scene assessment
- Tactical Positioning, the safe use of distance
- Communicating effectively with the subject
- Decision making – a template to work to
- Intervening to protect a third party
- Holding, controlling and restraining skills
- Post incident procedures, including reporting.
To find out more about this course or to make a purchase, please call: 01202 773736, or: